Pork and apples are simply meant for each other. The pungent dressing marries well with tart Granny Smith apples.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 6 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 7 Minutes
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, cut into 12 slices
- 1¼ teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 (7-ounce) package torn radicchio and butter lettuce (such as Fresh Express Riviera)
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
How to Make It
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork evenly with 1 teaspoon cumin, 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Combine vinegar, brown sugar, remaining 4 teaspoons oil, remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, remaining 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Place lettuce, apple, and 2 tablespoons dressing in a large bowl; toss gently to coat. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates; top each with 3 slices of pork, and drizzle remaining dressing evenly over pork.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.