- Yield: 20 bars
- 1½ cups finely ground salted pretzels (4 to 5 cups whole pretzels)
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) salted butter, melted, plus 2 tablespoons salted butter, cold
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butterscotch chips (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a 9 × 13-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pretzel crumbs, melted butter, and sugar and stir until combined. Press the pretzel crust firmly into the prepared pan and bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt ½ cup of the chocolate chips and the remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium-low heat. Stir in ⅓ cup of the condensed milk. Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the warm pretzel crust immediately and gently smooth it with a rubber spatula. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the top and drizzle with the remaining condensed milk. Finally, sprinkle the coconut, remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, and butterscotch chips (if using) on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the coconut is lightly browned. Keep a close eye on the bars while baking, as the condensed milk may brown. Lift the bars out of the pan using the foil and set on a wire rack to cool before cutting.
- Once cooled, I like to cut the bars into small squares and serve them in mini cupcake wrappers.