- Yield: 24 Servings, (6 cups)
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- One 32-ounce bottle tomato juice (spicy, if you like)
- 1 large Spanish onion, cut into large dice (about 1½ cups)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½-inch dice (about 1½ cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into large dice (about 1½ cups)
- ½ jalapeño, seeds and all
- 2 cloves garlic
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- ¾ cup gold tequila
- 1 lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Scallions, trimmed to 3- to 4-inch lengths (depending on the size of your glasses), or long thin slices or ½-inch cubes of avocado (optional)
How to Make It
- Pour the tomato juice into a 2-quart pitcher. Pass the onion, cucumber, bell pepper, jalapeño, and garlic through a juicer and add to the tomato juice. Season with salt to taste and stir in the tequila, lime juice, and cumin. Chill for at least 1 hour, or as long as overnight.
- Serve in chilled shot glasses or cordial glasses, with a scallion or avocado slice stuck into each, if you like.