Stuffing doesn’t have to stay locked up in your recipe arsenal until Thanksgiving rolls around. It’s just as yummy to make on the side of chicken or pork chops as it is with turkey. Plus, with this slow cooker version, you won’t have to worry about taking up valuable stovetop space.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Hours
- 12 cups dry marbled rye bread cubes
- 2 cups chopped celery (about 4 stalks)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1¾ cups chicken broth
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, celery, onion, carrot, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour the chicken broth and melted butter over the bread mixture; toss to mix well.
- Pour the mixture in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook for 4 to 5 hours on Low. Serve warm.