- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups Arborio or basmati rice
- 3 cups boiling water
- ¼ teaspoon saffron
- 1 Carmen pepper or red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup fresh peas
- ½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ carrot, julienned, for garnish
- ½ cup chopped chives, for garnish
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until the onion is translucent.
- Add rice and stir until grains become translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add water, saffron, red pepper, peas, yellow pepper, salt, and pepper, and simmer, covered, for approximately 20 – 25 minutes until rice is cooked and all the water is absorbed.
- Garnish with carrot and chives.