Tasty little potato balls. If desired, serve them with an aioli dipping sauce.
- Yield: 16 Servings
- 1 lb peeled and cubed Russet potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp chopped chives
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup flour
- 2/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 cups vegetable oil
How to Make It
- Cook the potatoes in salted water for 8 minutes, until done.
- Drain the potatoes and put them through a ricer. Allow to cool.
- Beat one of the eggs.
- Combine the beaten egg, riced potatoes, chives, rosemary, paprika, salt, pepper, butter and parmesan cheese.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place on a platter.
- Place the remaining 2 beaten eggs, flour, and breadcrumbs onto 3 separate dishes.
- Coat the potato balls first with the flour, then the eggs, and lastly the breadcrumbs. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a deep fryer. 10. Fry the croquetas for a quick 2 minutes in batches.