This is a great hot pot recipe to serve on a cold day. You can warm yourself and guests with this yummy pork mushroom hot pot that is healthy and filling.
- Yield: 5 Servings
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce, low-sodium
- 5 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1×2” piece of sliced ginger
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- ¾ lb Pork tenderloin, sliced thinly
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 6 cups chicken broth, low-sodium
- ¼ cup sherry
- dipping sauce your choice
How to Make It
- Combine the broth with the garlic, soy sauce, ginger, mushroom stems, and sherry. Bring to boil on medium-high and reduce to low, simmer. The broth becomes infused with delicate flavors, this takes about 30 minutes.
- Strain the broth. Return to pot on high heat and bring to a boil. Set to low heat and add the mushrooms, and cook until they are soft.
- Add boiling broth to the hot pot on the serving table. Diners can use chopsticks or fondue forks to use for dipping their pork into the broth to cook. Have dipping sauces close to the hotpot.