- Yield: 2 Servings
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cup brown rice
- ¼ cup barley, cooked
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 banana, sliced; reserve some of the slices for garnish
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dried mango
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes, for garnish
How to Make It
- Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan; add brown rice, barley, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the banana, cranberries, and mango and cook until the rice and barley are done, approximately 30 minutes.
- Garnish with coconut and sliced banana.