This sweet and wonderfully tasty pizza is a variant of the classic Italian dessert gino, although with tons of fresh berries. White chocolate becomes meltingly delicious in the oven and with its slightly crispy texture, it perfectly suits the fresh berries.
- Yield: 1 large pizza
- ¼ portion pizza dough of your choice
- 4½ oz (125 g) ricotta cheese
- 7 oz (200 g) mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, red currants)
- 2 oz (50 g) good quality white chocolate, coasely chopped
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- Icing sugar and fresh basil, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (500°F/gas 10).
- Make the pizza dough according to the basic recipe.
- Roll the dough out thinly and spread the base with a layer of ricotta cheese.
- Slice the strawberries, then sprinkle them and the other berries over the pizza. Sprinkle the chopped white chocolate and demerara sugar over the berries.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 5–10 minutes.
- Dust the pizza with icing sugar and garnish with fresh basil.