These small pizzas are just right for a party. They are a perfect dessert, and are equally good with coffee or as an unusual brunch dish.
- Yield: 24 mini pizzas
- 1 portion pizza dough of your choice
- ¼ lb (500 g) ricotta cheese
- 2 finely grated oranges zest
- 5 oz (150 g) almond paste, grated
- 4 oz (100 g) good quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped
- 12 fresh figs, sliced
- 2 fl oz (50 ml) honey, clear
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (500 °C/gas 10).
- Make the pizza dough according to the basic recipe.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces and roll out into round mini pizzas. Place on trays lined with baking parchment.
- Spread each with ricotta cheese and sprinkle with orange zest and almond paste over them.
- Distribute the chocolate and figs over the pizzas, then drizzle a little clear honey over each.
- Bake the pizzas in the middle of the oven for 8–10 minutes.