Mascarpone cheese is a creamy cows’ milk cheese and it is often used in Italian desserts – the most well known of which are tiramisu and mascarpone-filled cannoli.
- Yield: 1 pizza
- ¼ portion pizza dough
- 4½ oz (125 g) ricotta cheese
- 4½ oz (125 g) mascarpone cheese
- 2 oz (50 g) almond paste, grated
- 1 finely grated lemon zest
- 3 oz (75 g) strawberries
- 3 oz (75 g) raspberries
- 2 peaches
- 1 oz (25 g) flaked almonds
- 2 oz (50 g) pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- icing sugar, to decorate
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 250°C (500°F/gas 10).
- Make the pizza dough according to the basic recipe.
- Roll the dough out thinly and spread with a layer of ricotta.
- op with mascarpone, then scatter the almond paste and lemon zest over it.
- Slice the strawberries and peaches and distribute these and the raspberries over the pizza.
- Sprinkle with almonds, pistachios and demerara sugar.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 5–10 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.