Oxtail is incredibly tender. And with the rich, savory sauce, this dish practically screams for mashed potatoes. Do not omit flouring the meat, because that is what helps make the sauce nice and thick.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours 12 Minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lb oxtail
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 peeled and sliced carrots
- 1 diced onion
- 1 diced leek
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 cups of beef stock
- 2 cups good Spanish red wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp rosemary
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Season the oxtail with salt and pepper.
- Place the oxtail and flour in a plastic bag and shake to coat.
- Brown the meat for 1 minute each side.
- Use a tong to transfer the oxtail to a platter.
- Add the carrots, onion, leek, tomatoes to the skillet and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and seasonings and pour in the broth and wine. Still well.
- Return the oxtail to the skillet
- Bring the liquid to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 3 hours.