- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- ¾ pound pasta shells or other short pasta
- ½ pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch kale, stems discarded and leaves torn
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces Asiago or fontina, grated (1 cup)
- 2 ounces Parmesan, grated (½ cup), plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and black pepper
How to Make It
- Cook the pasta for 3 minutes less than the package directions specify; drain.
- Brown the sausage in the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the kale and toss until wilted. Combine with the pasta, tomatoes (and their juices), cream, cheeses, ⅓ cup water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Transfer to an 8-inch baking dish. Bake at 450°F until the top is brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes. Top with more Parmesan.