- Yield: 5 Servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 cups green beans, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup grated vegan Parmesan cheese, for garnish
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and sauté the onion, garlic, and mushrooms until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms are brown.
- Add the water, tomatoes, green beans, basil, parsley, oregano, salt, black pepper, and cayenne and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Garnish with vegan cheese. Serve with brown rice.