This ice cream delivers a rich, but extremely refreshing, punch of flavour. The mango in mint syrup, while not essential, does bring it all together to make a lovely way to end a meal.
- Yield: 6 Servings
For the Ice Cream
- 14 oz (1 x 400 g) tin of coconut milk
- 14 oz (1 x 400 g) tin of condensed milk
- 3 grated limes Juice and zest
For the Mango in Mint Syrup
- 2 oz (50 g) caster or granulated sugar
- 20 mint leaves, finely chopped
- ½ lime juice
- 1 large ripe mango, sliced
How to Make It
- To make the ice cream, mix together all the ingredients well with a whisk, then pour into a container and place in the freezer for 3–4 hours until frozen.
- In a small pan over a medium heat, dissolve the sugar in 50 ml (2 fl oz) water. Allow to cool slightly, then add the mint leaves and lime juice and mix the syrup with the mango slices.
- Serve the ice cream with the slices of mango in the lime and mint syrup.