- Yield: 5 Servings1-¼ cups per serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- cutlets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¼ pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-½ cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion, celery, and garlic, and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add chicken and mushrooms and sauté 5 minutes, or until chicken is browned. Sprinkle with flour and stir 1 minute, or until absorbed.
- Add milk and broth and cook 5 to 6 minutes, or until chicken is tender and sauce is thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice, roasted red peppers, peas, thyme, salt, and pepper, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.