- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Minutes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 butternut squash (about 1½ pounds), cut into ⅛-inch-thick slices
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 refrigerated piecrust
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces) Green salad, for serving
How to Make It
- Cook the onion and squash in the butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 8 to 12 minutes. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir in the sage.
- Roll the piecrust into a 12-inch circle; place on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Top with the squash and onion, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold the dough inward, overlapping slightly; brush with the cream. Bake at 350°F until golden, 45 to 55 minutes. Top with the blue cheese. Serve with a green salad.