- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- ½ cup refrigerated basil pesto (from 7-oz container)
- 1 can (15 oz) extra-thick and zesty tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste (from 2.8-oz tube)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup water
- 1½ cups uncooked fusilli pasta (about 4½ oz)
- 26 frozen Italian meatballs (about half of 26-oz bag)
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons refrigerated basil pesto (from 7-oz container)
- 8 diagonal slices (½ inch thick) baguette French bread (from 3-inch diameter loaf)
- 10 oz cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart microwavable casserole with cooking spray.
- In casserole, mix ½ cup pesto, the tomato sauce, tomato paste, pepper flakes and water. Cover with microwavable plastic wrap. Microwave on High 3 to 4 minutes or until sauce is hot. Add pasta; stir gently. Stir in meatballs and 1 cup cheese. Push any pasta that is above liquid down into liquid to cover.
- Bake 25 minutes. Meanwhile, in small cup or bowl, mix butter and 2 tablespoons pesto. Spread mixture on each baguette slice; set aside.
- Remove casserole from oven. Stir pasta; gently fold in tomatoes. Arrange baguette slices, overlapping if necessary, on pasta mixture to cover most of mixture. Cover loosely with foil; bake 10 minutes.
- Uncover casserole; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Bake about 10 minutes longer or until pasta is fork-tender.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.