The beauty of the Tarama lies in the fact that cooking or baking is not part of its processes or requirements. Also, it is very affordable. And oh, delicious too. Of course, it is very popular as an appetizer. You do not need a lot of ingredients too, as you will soon find out.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 8 tbsp smoked carp roe (unsmoked carp, cod roe also works)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely grated onion
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Puree 8 tablespoons of the smoked or unsmoked carp roe with a food processor. Pour the lemon juice and mix.
- Transfer the olive oil into the mix via the chute until it blends.
- Add the grated onions and beat the content one more time. Add water as you see fit if the tarama is too thick.
- Pour the content into a serving bowl and put into the fridge.
- You can sprinkle and garish with some paprika, olives, and parsley or celery leaves.