- Yield: 3 cups
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make It
- In a large saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, sugar, evaporated milk, and butter and heat over medium-low heat, stirring continuously, until the chocolate, sugar, and butter have melted and the mixture comes to a light boil, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving; it will thicken as it cools.
- Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Reheat in the microwave, in 30-second intervals, until hot.