- Yield: 2 cups
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, cut into cubes, at room temperature
- ¾ cup heavy cream, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
How to Make It
- In a large saucepan, heat the sugar over medium heat, stirring continuously with a whisk or spoon, for 5 to 7 minutes. The sugar will begin to turn clumpy before melting into liquid. Keep stirring, and be careful to not let it burn.
- Once the sugar has melted and there are no more clumps, add the butter immediately. Grab a new spoon and keep stirring until the butter has completely melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and very slowly and carefully pour in the heavy cream (watch out it will bubble up and sputter). Stir continuously for 1 minute, or until the cream has been incorporated. Remove from the heat and stir in the salt.
- Let cool for a few minutes in the pan and then pour into a glass jar. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Warm in the microwave for 30 seconds before serving.