You don’t have to wait until Winter to enjoy warm, comforting soups. This one is hearty and robust and you can even makea meal from it. It’s filled with protein and fiber and tastes so great that everyone wants seconds.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 1 Hour 40 Minutes
- 1 medium squash
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 diced onion, small
- 2 stalks of diced celery
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- Ground chilies, as desired
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup of cauliflower rice, prepared
- 1 cup of black beans
- Cilantro, chopped
- Green onion, chopped
- Avocado, diced
How to Make It
- Slice squash in half. Scoop out the seeds. Then roast it in 350F oven for 40-45 minutes, till it becomes soft. Scoop out flesh. Set aside.
- Chop vegetables. Fry onion in pan with canola oil. Add salt, ground pepper, chili, cumin and garlic after the onion sweats.
- Puree squash in food processor with all frying pan ingredients.
- Combine this mixture with vegetable stock in pot. Bring to simmer.
- Once mixture simmers, add beans and cauliflower rice.
- Simmer for 10 or more minutes, so the flavors can mingle. Squash will thicken up its consistency. You can add a little water if you need to.
- Season as desired. Top with your desired garnishes. Serve.