- Yield: 2 Servings
- Total Time: 15 Minutes
- ½ orange, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- ½ lemon, juiced (about 1 tablespoon)
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 350 g halibut or Atlantic Salmon, skinned, deboned, and cut into two portions
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Fresh chives, chopped, for garnish
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine the orange juice, coconut aminos, lemon juice, ginger and half of the salt in a small bowl; stir to combine. Place the coconut flour on a plate and set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish with the remaining sea salt and dredge in the coconut flour, using your fingers to create a thin, even coating around all sides of the fish.
- Heat the coconut oil in an ovenproof frying pan on high heat. When it is very hot, add the halibut and sear for 2 minutes, or until browned on the bottom. Flip the fish and place the frying pan immediately in the oven. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets. The fish is cooked when it is no longer translucent.
- Serve with the citrus–coconut amino sauce and garnish with the chopped chives.