Cooking the fish in parchment paper infuses the fish with flavor. Serve with precooked rice tossed with orange rind and chopped fresh tarragon.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 6 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 12 Minutes
- 8 fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1⁄2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 (6-ounce) flounder fillets (1⁄4 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Orange-Tarragon Butter
- Orange wedges (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut snow peas lengthwise into strips and in half crosswise. Place snow pea strips, carrots, bell pepper, and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; vent. Microwave at high 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. Cut 4 (15 x 12-inch) squares of parchment paper. Fold each square in half. Open folded parchment paper; place 1 fillet near fold on each square. Top each fillet with one-fourth of carrot mixture; crumble or spread 1 tablespoon Orange-Tarragon Butter over carrot mixture. Fold paper; seal edges with narrow folds. Place packets on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Place 1 packet on each of 4 plates; cut open, and serve immediately. Garnish with orange wedges, if desired.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.