For a crisp texture similar to fried fish, coat the fillets with cornmeal and bake them at a high temperature. Try squeezing a lemon wedge over the fillets to enhance the flavor.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 14 Minutes
- Cooking spray
- 2½ tablespoons hot sauce, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning (such as Luzianne)
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil; coat foil with cooking spray.
- Brush 1½ tablespoons hot sauce evenly on both sides of fillets; sprinkle with Cajun seasoning, and dredge in cornmeal, pressing gently. Place fillets on prepared pan. Coat fillets with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 14 minutes or until fillets flake easily when tested with a fork.
- While fillets bake, combine remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce, sour cream, and salt in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Serve fillets with sauce and lemon wedges, if desired. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.