Everything about this recipe from the sweet potatoes to the apple juice and cinnamon says fall. If you want not just the flavor of the peppers but also the color, wait until the last hour on serving day to add them to the slow cooker.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 Hours
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 (12-ounce) package chicken-apple sausage, sliced
- ½ cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup apple juice
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
How to Make It
- Blanch the potatoes according to the directions. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Label a 1-gallon freezer bag, place it in another large bowl, and pour in the mixture. Squeeze the remaining air out of the bag and seal it. Lay the bag flat to freeze. Serving
- Allow the mixture to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. On serving day, pour everything into the slow cooker, cover it, and cook on low for about 6 hours.