- Yield: 10 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 11 Hours
- 3–4 lb chuck roast
- 2 cups carrots, chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable or tomato juice, divided
- 2 cups quick-cook barley water, to desired consistency
- salt and pepper to taste, optional
How to Make It
- Place roast, carrots, and 4 cups juice in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low 8–10 hours.
- Remove roast. Place on platter and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, add barley to the slow cooker. Stir well. Turn heat to High and cook 45 minutes to 1 hour, until barley is tender.
- While barley is cooking, cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
- When barley is tender, return chopped beef to the slow cooker. Add 2 cups juice, water if you wish, and salt and pepper, if you want. Cook for 30 minutes on High, or until soup is heated through.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.