Toss rich Curried Chicken over instant brown rice for a filling meal that doesn’t fill your day with cooking chores. To brighten things up, you can add frozen peas during the last 15–25 minutes of cooking time and a splash of lime juice before serving.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 4 Hours
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 (14-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- Blanch the potatoes according to the directions. Combine all prep day ingredients in a large bowl. Label a 1-gallon freezer bag, place it in another large bowl, and pour in the mixture. Squeeze the remaining air out of the bag and seal it. Lay the bag flat to freeze.
- Allow the chicken to thaw overnight in the refrigerator. On serving day, pour the mixture into the slow cooker, cover it, and cook on low for about 3 hours. Add the diced bell pepper to the slow cooker and continue cooking for about 1 more hour. Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and cut it into bite-size pieces. Stir it back into the sauce, re-cover the slow cooker, and let everything continue to cook for another 20–30 minutes.