- Yield: 36 MUFFINS
- 6 cups All-Bran cereal
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 5 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
How to Make It
- Put 2 cups of the cereal in a large bowl. Pour the boiling water over cereal, and let stand a few minutes. Mix in the melted butter, sugar, eggs, buttermilk, and the remaining 4 cups cereal.
- In another large bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Add to the wet mixture, mixing thoroughly.
- Using a well-buttered Lodge cast iron muffin pan, you can bake however many muffins you like or transfer the batter to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 week. The batter is good to go as soon as it is mixed.
- When you are ready to bake, preheat the oven to 425°. Fill the wells of the muffin pan to just below the tops. Bake 15 to 20 minutes. Poke a broom straw or toothpick into the muffins. If it comes out clean, the muffins are ready.