These deliciously healthy bars are perfect for those who want to enjoy the taste of banana bread without having to go through the hour–long process of making it. They’re whipped up in the blender in less than 5 minutes, and so tender and fluffy that you’d never guess they were 100 percent grain-free and oil-free!
- Yield: 16 bars
- 2 medium-sized ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup [200 g])
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp (32 g) almond butter
- 6 tbsp (75 g) coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (56 g) almond flour
- 6 tbsp (42 g) coconut flour
- 1½ tsp (6 g) baking powder
- ½ cup (90 g) semisweet chocolate chips (for dairy-free, use vegan chocolate chips)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (177°C) and prepare an 8 x 8-inch (20.3 x 20.3-cm) baking pan by lining it with a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper, leaving a few inches of overhang on the sides to allow for easy removal. Lightly grease and set aside.
- Add the bananas, eggs, almond butter, sugar and vanilla extract to a high-speed blender, and process on high for about 10 seconds or until all of the ingredients are combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder, and continue processing for about 30–40 seconds or until the batter becomes smooth and creamy. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips by hand, reserving a couple tablespoons to sprinkle on the top.
- Transfer the batter into your prepared pan and use a spatula to distribute it evenly before topping it with the reserved chocolate chips. Bake for 25–27 minutes, until the bars begin to turn golden brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove them from the oven and let them cool in the pan for about 15 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. Use a sharp knife to cut them into individual bars and store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.