- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 Hour
- 1 large fresh chicken (±1.6 kg)
- 50 g butter, at room temperature
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 small handful fresh thyme
- 20 ml olive oil
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 220 °C.
- Trim the excess fat from the chicken and rinse (including the cavity) under cold running water. Pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Rub the softened butter all over the outside of the chicken and season very well with salt and pepper. place the roasting pan.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and place the squeeze lemon halves, the garlic and thyme into the cavity. Tie the legs together with string.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and roast in the oven for 1 hour or until the juices run clear when the chicken thigh is pierced with a skewer.
- Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes to allow the juices to settle before carving.