- Yield: 1 cup (250 ml)
- 3½ tablespoons (50 g) cacao butter
- ½ cup (75 g) hemp seeds
- 2½ tablespoons pure maple syrup or raw honey
- ½ vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped out and reserved
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Tiny pinch of fine sea salt
How to Make It
- Melt the cacao butter in a double boiler set over medium heat.
- Pour the melted cacao butter into a blender, and add the hemp seeds, maple syrup, vanilla seeds, arrowroot, salt, and ½ cup / 112 ml water. Blend on high speed until completely smooth.
- Store the sauce in an airtight glass container in the fridge. If the sauce solidifies, simply put the container in a pot full of simmering water to melt it again. Serve the sauce at room temperature.