- Yield: 4 Servings1 egg and about 1 cup grits and vegetables per serving
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) shredded reduced-fat Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, boil water. Add grits, stirring constantly. Add onion, red bell pepper, salt, and pepper, and return to a boil; reduce heat to medium. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until water is absorbed and mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally. Add spinach, stirring until wilted. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, cook eggs sunny-side up, in batches.
- Divide grits evenly on 4 serving plates and top each with a fried egg. Sprinkle with cheese and serve immediately.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.