- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped (½ cup)
- 1 medium stalk celery, finely chopped (½ cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 6 cups chicken broth (from two 32-oz cartons)
- 1 package (12 oz) frozen spaetzle
- package (12 oz) frozen spaetzle
How to Make It
- In 4-quart Dutch oven or saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic; cook about 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp-tender.
- Gradually stir in flour, thyme and pepper; cook and stir about 1 minute. Stir in turkey and broth; heat to boiling.
- Stir in frozen spaetzle. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spaetzle are tender. Sprinkle with parsley.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.