- 1 cup (125 g) Bob’s Red Mill white rice flour
- ½ cup (65 g) cornstarch (contains corn; can use tapioca or arrowroot starch instead)
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) powdered sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) Spectrum Organic Shortening
- ¼ cup (60 ml) water
For Chocolate Filling
- 2 (1.4–ounce, or 40 g) Enjoy Life boom CHOCO boom dark chocolate bars
- 1½ cups (355 ml) rice milk or safe milk alternative, divided
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) cornstarch (contains corn; can use tapioca or arrowroot starch instead)
- 1 (1.4-ounce, or 40 g) Enjoy Life boom CHOCO boom dark chocolate bar
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4). To make the Crust
- Combine all crust ingredients in a food processor and blend until you have a smooth dough. Pinch off a tablespoon (16 g) of dough and roll into a ball. Press each dough ball into one cup of a mini muffin pan.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. Th e shells should not get darker in color. When cooled they should easily lift out of the tin and hold their shape well. Remove each crust to a fl at surface to cool. To make the Filling
- Break the dark chocolate bars into pieces and combine with 1 cup (235 ml) rice milk in a small saucepan. Over medium-low heat, melt the chocolate with the milk while stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining ½ cup (120 ml) rice milk with the starch. Remove saucepan from heat and whisk the starch mixture into the chocolate mixture. Return to stovetop over medium heat and bring to a low boil. Once mixture is thick and bubbly remove from heat. Let cool for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- With a spoon or small ladle, pour chocolate filling into each tartlet shell. To make the Topping
- Grate the chocolate bar with a zester. Play with the different sized grates. You can make large chocolate curls or chocolate zest. Sprinkle over each tartlet.