This is a traditional Spanish dish that you can make in just one pot. It is packed with an authentic Spanish flavor everybody will be jealous of.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
- ¼ cup of dried white wine
- Dash of saffron threads
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 teaspoons of garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups of chicken broth, extra if needed
- 1 cup of white rice
- 2 Tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- ¾ cup of peas
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, add in the dried white wine and saffron threads. Stir well to mix and set aside.
- Season the chicken thighs with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- In a pot set over medium to high heat, add in the olive oil. Add in the seasoned chicken thighs with the skin side facing down. Cook for 5 minutes or until browned. Flip and continue to cook for an additional 5 minutes or until gold. Transfer onto a plate.
- Lower the heat to medium, add in the onion, chopped red bell pepper and minced garlic. Stir well to mix. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add in the wine mix, dash of salt, black pepper and bay leaf. Stir well to mix. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the wine evaporates.
- Add in the chicken thighs, chicken broth and white rice. Allow to come to a simmer. Cover and transfer into the oven. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and add in the peas. Stir well until incorporated.
- Serve with a topping of chopped parsley.