This delicious kale and quinoa is made in one pot, making it one of the easiest pot recipes you can prepare today.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 1 Hour 15 Minutes
- 1 head of garlic
- ¼ cup + 1 teaspoon of butter, evenly divided
- ¼ cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup of cremini mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup of onions, chopped
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth
- 6 cups of kale, chopped
- ½ teaspoons of thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon of parsley, minced
- Dash of salt and black pepper
- Lemon juice, for garnish
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the top part off of the garlic, leaving the cloves exposed. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of butter over the garlic. Wrap in a sheet of aluminum foil. Place onto a baking sheet. Place into the oven to bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over a small baking sheet. Place into the oven to toast for 6 to 7 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a saucepan set over medium heat, add in 2 tablespoons of butter. Add in the chopped cremini mushrooms and onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft. Add in the quinoa and chicken broth. Allow to come to a boil. Lower the heat to low. Cover and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or until soft.
- Press the garlic cloves into a bowl with 2 tablespoons of butter. Smash with a spoon. Add in the minced thyme and minced parsley. Stir well to mix. Pour over the quinoa. Stir well to mix. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- Serve with a garnish of lemon juice and chopped walnuts.