- Yield: 1 Serving
- 1⁄2 sweet apple, such as Golden Delicious, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 large deli/store-bought potato pancakes
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled Fontal cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a baking pan, combine sliced apple with brown and white sugar. Bake for 5–8 minutes or until apples are soft and a syrup-like liquid begins to appear. Keep oven on; set apples aside.
- Construct sandwich on a new baking sheet. On bottom half of 1 potato pancake, sprinkle blue cheese, followed by cooked apple mixture, crumbled Fontal cheese, and the other potato pancake.
- Bake for 5 minutes and serve warm.