Tender pork, succulent shrimp, crisp snow peas and crunchy, rich cashews make this version of fried rice a regal one.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 3 Tbsp (45 ml) vegetable oil
- ¾ lb (375 g) pork tenderloin, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ½ medium green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 16 snow peas, thickly sliced
- 3 cups (750 ml) cooked long grain white rice, cooled
- 0.33 lb (170 g) small cooked salad shrimp, fresh or frozen (and thawed), patted dry
- 14 oz (398 ml) can cut young corn
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
How to Make It
- Heat the oil in a wok or very large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the pork and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until cooked through. Mix in the onion and bell pepper and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the snow peas and cook 30 seconds more. Mix in the remaining ingredients and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes, or until all the ingredients are well heated through. Serve immediately.