- Yield: 16 crepes
- ¼ cup (94 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- ¼ cup (32 g) cornstarch (contains corn; can use tapioca or arrowroot starch instead)
- 1 teaspoon (4.6 g) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) powdered sugar
- 2⁄3 cup (160 ml) rice milk or safe milk alternative
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 g) packed brown sugar
- 2 apples, peaches, or bananas, thinly sliced or 1½ cups (180 g) fresh fruit, such as blueberries, cherries, raspberries,or strawberries
- Dash of ground cinnamon (optional)
How to Make It
To make the Crepes
- Combine all crepe ingredients in a bowl and stir until just combined. Batter will be a little lumpy. Let sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour, or make the night before and let it sit in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
- Grease a crepe pan or small frying pan and preheat over medium-high heat. Pour ¼ cup (60 ml) batter into pan. Swirl the mixture in pan until the batter covers the bottom. It will start to bubble right away. Let cook for less than 30 seconds. Use a plastic spatula to flip over and cook for about 15 seconds on the other side. Remove to a plate. Repeat with remaining batter. You may need to grease the pan before cooking each crepe to prevent sticking.
- Let crepes sit for 15 minutes. They are more pliable and easier to roll after they cool. To make the Filling
- In the crepe pan, cook the oil and brown sugar until melted. Add the fruit and sauté until tender. Stir in the cinnamon, if desired
- To serve, spoon some Filling over the middle of crepe. Roll it around the filling. Top with powdered sugar, reserved filling, or serve plain.