- Yield: 2 dozen
- 1¼ cups (155 g) Bob’s Red Mill white or brown rice flour
- ¼ cup (28 g) flax meal
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) unsulfured molasses
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) packed brown sugar or (21 g) honey
- 2 teaspoons (9.2 g) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon (1.2 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (16 g) cornstarch (contains corn; can use tapioca or arrowroot starch instead)
- 1¼ cups (285 ml) rice milk or safe milk beverage alternative or water
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) vegetable oil
- ¼ teaspoon (1.5 g) salt
- 1 teaspoon (2.3 g) ground cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Powdered sugar (optional)
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except powdered sugar.
- Heat a greased skillet. Drop a pea-size amount of batter in skillet; skillet is at correct temperature when batter turns golden quickly. Remove batter piece with a spatula. Pour ¼ cup (60 ml) of batter into skillet. When air bubbles form on the top, flip over with a flat spatula. Cook on the other side and remove to a plate. You may cook 3 to 4 pancakes at a time depending on the size of the skillet.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.