- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 (2-pound) bag frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch strips
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Layer ½ potatoes into a lightly greased 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Top with ham and cheese. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and mushrooms; cook while stirring 5 minutes or until tender. Spoon mushroom mixture over cheese in baking dish; top with remaining ½ potatoes. Combine eggs, milk, cottage cheese, and black pepper in a bowl; beat until well blended. Pour egg mixture over potatoes in baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes or until light brown and center is set.