This recipe can be made with slow cooked pork or beef. It is added to ginger root beer, sweetened with Stevia, along with a BBQ sauce sweetened with honey. It’s so tasty!
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Total Time: 9 Hours 10 Minutes
- 1 & ¾ pounds of shoulder pork roast
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¾ can of root beer, sugar-free sweetened with stevia
- ½ cup BBQ sauce, sugar-free sweetened with honey
How to Make It
- Remove twine from shoulder roast. Place in slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion and garlic powders and paprika.
- Pour root beer alongside of pork.
- Cover. Cook on low heat for nine hours in slow cooker.
- Drain juices. Return meat to slow cooker. Shred the meat using a fork.
- Add BBQ sauce and stir. Cook on the low setting for one more hour. Serve with veggies.