Ceviche is made with shellfish or raw fish, along with lime juice, onions, tomatoes and cilantro. The lime juice “cooks” the fish and the end result, after it is tossed with the remainder of the ingredients, is very refreshing.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 lb of peeled, cubed shrimp, wild, raw
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 pint of halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped each of red onion, cucumber and cilantro leaves, fresh
- 1 de-veined, de-seeded, chopped jalapeno pepper
- ½ tsp of sea salt
How to Make It
- Place the lime juice and shrimp in shallow, medium dish. Cover it and place in refrigerator for ½ hour, to marinate.
- Place the shrimp/lime mixture, sea salt, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, red onion and tomatoes in medium sized bowl. Stir till incorporated well. Season as desired and serve cold.