- Yield: 10 Servings
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup of gluten-free bread crumbs or regularly breadcrumbs
- 1 serving of organic carrot powder or ½ cup of carrot baby food
- 1 jar of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 serving of organic sweet potato powder or 1/2 cup of sweet potato baby food
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with the olive oil, and place it in the oven while preheating. In a medium bowl, mix together the ground turkey, egg, seasoning, salt, pepper, onion powder, bread crumbs and either the Activz carrot powder or carrot baby food using your hands. If mixture seems a bit runny add a little more bread crumbs.
- Using an ice cream scoop if possible, form the meat into golf ball sized meatballs. Place about 1 inch apart in the hot baking dish. Press down to flatten the bottom just slightly. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then turn them over, and continue baking for about 5 more minutes, or until somewhat crispy on the outside. For sauce: pour pasta sauce into a pan and cook on stove until heated to desired temperature. While heating the sauce, add Activz sweet potato powder or sweet potato baby food.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.