Tofu is roasted with garlic and lemon and accompanied by broccoli, quinoa, black beans, and peppers in this robust bowl.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lemon juice
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 12 oz (340 g) extra firm tofu, cut into 12 slices
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 15 oz (425 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Hummus
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, juice of ½ lemon, and 2 tbsp olive oil. Arrange the tofu slices on a prepared baking sheet and brush the tofu with the lemon garlic mixture.
- In a medium bowl, toss broccoli florets with the juice of the remaining ½ lemon and remaining 2 tbsp olive oil until well-coated. Spread on the second prepared baking sheet. Place the tray of broccoli and the tray of tofu in the oven. Bake both trays for 30 minutes. Return to Prep Day Action Plan while tofu and broccoli roast.
- To assemble the meals, place ½ cup cooked quinoa in each of 4 meal prep containers. Add 3 pieces of tofu to each container, along with an equal portion of cooked broccoli, sliced bell pepper, and black beans. Finish by adding 2 tbsp hummus to each container, and garnish with chopped cilantro, if using.