- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup (184 g) whole grain quinoa
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (425 g) cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained (or one 15- to 16-ounce/425 g can chickpeas, drained)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups (160 g) broccoli florets, larger pieces chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
How to Make It
- Prepare the quinoa according to package instructions. Stir in the parsley and ½ teaspoon of the salt. Let it sit for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, continue preparing the additional ingredients.
- Heat the chickpeas in a small saucepan over low heat. Let them simmer while you prepare the vegetables.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, carrots, onions, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt. Sauté until the carrots are fork-tender, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a prep bowl.
- Wipe the skillet clean and return it to the stove. Add the broccoli, pepper, and more oil (if needed). Saute until the broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and saute for 30 seconds longer.
- Assemble the bowls for serving and/or freezing. Layer or arrange the ingredients, as desired, in the serving bowls. Add more salt to taste.