What kid wouldn’t love to find a wrapped chunk of this yummy cake in his or her lunchbox? Moms will love that it’s easy to handle and not messy.
- 2-¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup fruit cocktail, drained
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped nuts
How to Make It
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and nuts. Beat well with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 13"x 9" baking pan. Sprinkle chips and nuts over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool and cut into squares.