This Southern barbecue specialty is a staple all year long when you use your slow cooker! I like serving Pulled Pork alongside fresh coleslaw and potato wedges or on buns with sliced red onions.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 6 Hours
- 1 (4-pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 1 (28-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup sriracha
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Multigrain buns, your choice, for serving
- Red cabbage slaw, for serving
- Sliced scallions, for serving
How to Make It
- Spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place the pork shoulder in the slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, sriracha, honey, salt, pepper, and chili powder. Pour into the slow cooker over the meat.
- Cook on Low for 6 hours. Remove the pork shoulder from the slow cooker and use two forks to shred the meat; discard any large pieces of fat. Return the meat to the slow cooker and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Serve the pork on multigrain buns, topped with red cabbage slaw and scallions.