- Yield: 6 pirate oreos
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts
- 6 Oreos
- 1⁄4 cup red chocolate candy melts
- 1⁄4 cup green chocolate candy melts
- 1⁄4 cup brown chocolate candy melts
How to Make It
- Melt your white chocolate candy melts in a candy melting electric pot according to the package instructions, or in the microwave at 30-seconds increments.
- Dip Oreos in white chocolate with candy melt dipping scoop or fork and cover completely. Place Oreos on parchment paper or Silpat and refrigerate until chocolate is hardened, approximately 10 minutes.
- In three separate bowls, melt your red, green, and brown chocolate melts in the microwave at 30-second increments. Remove chocolate-covered Oreos from refrigerator and keep them on the Silpat.
- Using a small cake-decorating paintbrush and either the red or green melted candy melts, “paint” on a pirate hat by painting a straight line about 1⁄4 of the way down from the top of the Oreo. Then use the same color to fill in the empty space above the line until the Oreo is colored up to the rounded top edge.
- Place Oreos back in refrigerator until hat hardens, approximately 5 minutes.
- Using your melted chocolate and small cake-decorating paintbrushes, paint small ties, the same colors as your pirate hats, on top of your parchment paper or Silpat. Place in refrigerator until small-tie chocolate hardens, approximately 2–3 minutes.
- Remove ties from refrigerator and using a small amount of melted candy melts attach a tie to the right or left side of each pirate’s hat.
- Using your remaining melted chocolate and the bottom edge of a small cake-decorating paintbrush, add polka dots to the pirate hat. Continuing to use the bottom end of your paintbrushes, add eyes, a nose, a smile, and two small lines to create your pirate’s hair.
- Place Oreos in refrigerator until all chocolate is hardened, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and enjoy!